This project is read-only.

RavenDB database backup?

Aug 5, 2010 at 4:58 PM
Edited Aug 5, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Just curious; are there any plans to provide a NOSQL (ideally RavenDB) database backup mechanism?

Aug 5, 2010 at 5:46 PM
Edited Aug 5, 2010 at 5:47 PM
You can consider using membase db server http://www.northscale.com/products/membase_server.html from North Scale. It is 100% compatible with memcache protocol according to NorthScale. Should work without any changes to code. Just use dbType="None" in the session provider.
- Fahad
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 10:59 AM
To: fahadaz
Subject: RavenDB backup? [memcachedproviders:222609]

Just curious; are there any plans to provide a NOSQL (ideally RavenDB) backup mechanism?

Aug 5, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Hi Fahad,

Thanks for the reply; I actually already have RavenDB in place for some other purposes, which is why I wanted to make use of it for session backup. I'm going to have a look at what it'll take to create a provider for it. Unfortunately, it'll likely be implemented in VB.NET, but I'd be happy to contribute it back to this project if anyone has an interest in porting it to C#

Cheers,
-Dan

Aug 5, 2010 at 6:15 PM
Hi Dan,
Memcached providers is implemented in C#. If you are interested in contributing to it, just send me your codeplex id and I will give access to a branch on which you can work on.
- Fahad

Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 12:02 PM
To: fahadaz
Subject: Re: RavenDB database backup? [memcachedproviders:222609]

Hi Fahad,

Thanks for the reply; I actually already have RavenDB in place for some other purposes, which is why I wanted to make use of it for session backup. I'm going to have a look at what it'll take to create a provider for it. Unfortunately, it'll likely be implemented in VB.NET, but I'd be happy to contribute it back to this project if anyone has an interest in porting it to C#

Cheers,
-Dan