Cache Dependancy feature

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2008 at 2:14 PM
Edited Jun 13, 2008 at 2:18 PM
A week ago Ayende @ Rahien  implemented a .Net version of Memcached (support for the standard protocol) using the standard Cache in ASP.net. I think it would be a
great idea to extend the memcached protocol to support for cache dependancy there instead of creating a new service to monitor the current memcached implementation.

According to his testing .net implementation of memcached is slower than the original memcached.

"The only thing that I do not support is the stats command. The project has over a hundred unit tests and 34 integration tests and currently stand at 94% test coverage.All of that said, what will probably interest most people is the performance comparison. I do hope that some people will stop to actually look at the design of the code, but here are the numbers, for reading / writing of 10,000 (small) values (over 10 iterations, using 20 connections):
Native Memcached finish in: 1709.6 ms
NMemcached completes in: 5768.5 ms
Update:
Based on profiling, I decided to make a tiny change to the part of the application that handles reading the commands from the user. Now it is reading them in continuous fashion, instead of one byte at a time. This brought the speed of the NMemcached version to 3144.5 ms
, which is a huge benefit for such a small change.
" http://www.ayende.com/Blog/archive/2008/06/06/Scratching-an-itch-NMemcached.aspx

Please comment! Thanks