SessionState Problem with large website

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:13 PM
I apply session state into my website and CPU working 100% (before that CPU 50-70%).
I trying some memcached client (clientlib, BeIT) but not resolve it.
My website using 02 webserver and 1 memcached server.
One of Web Servers handle 15,000 req/s.
I used config on the document.

Any ideal to help me?

P/S : Sorry for my english

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2008 at 4:49 PM
Are u using SQL Server as backup for ur sessions? One thing would be to drop that backup. Ur session data will remain just in the Memcached and
see if that makes a different http://www.codeplex.com/memcachedproviders/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=21111.

Another thing to try is to install memcached on both webservers and try to distribute the load.

Thanks,
Fahad
Dec 5, 2008 at 1:57 AM
Hi fahadaz!

Thank for your reply,
I dont use SQL Server Backup, because It very slow. I want to use memcached only
Jan 23, 2009 at 12:16 PM
We ran into high cpu usage using memcached 1.2.4,  try switching to 1.2.6. 

This solved our problems, our memcached servers current run at 10% cpu at peak.

Jan 30, 2009 at 5:20 PM
Hi lloydnic

Thank for share infomation.But I has problem on webserver.

Mar 15, 2009 at 7:46 AM
Hi nminhka,
sounds like it's a scaling issue.
Do some research on scaling up and scaling out, due to the nature of memcached, the infrastructure plays a huge rule in its effective use.
There are various ways to improve scalability. Memcached is most efficient if used for a 'front-end' data serve, it's not meant to replace databases, but instead relieve the load by caching in memory.
(Memory is volatile, which means that if a server gets restarted or freezes, it loses all of its information, that's why using a database at the back-end to hold the information is a necessity.