This project is read-only.

generated key

Oct 15, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Simple question - can you tell me what the format of the key will be?  Do you just take the key provided in DistCache.Add and append the keySuffix value? For example, if i call DistCache.Add('abc', myvalue) and the keySuffix in the config file is '123', will my key be' abc123'?  I'm trying to verify that my objects are being stored in memcached through the telnet client.

Thanks!

Oct 15, 2009 at 10:08 PM
Telnet for verification won't work. You have to get the value through the api.
I do take the key as is and append the suffix and pass it to enyim client.
Thanks,
Fahad Azeem

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:27:36 -0700
Subject: generated key [memcachedproviders:72143]

Simple question - can you tell me what the format of the key will be? Do you just take the key provided in DistCache.Add and append the keySuffix value? For example, if i call DistCache.Add('abc', myvalue) and the keySuffix in the config file is '123', will my key be' abc123'? I'm trying to verify that my objects are being stored in memcached through the telnet client.
Thanks!
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (memcachedproviders@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email memcachedproviders@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Oct 15, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Hi Fahad,

First of all, thanks for the quick response!  I used a perl script to display all of the keys in the memcached server.  I was then able to telnet into the memcached server and do a 'get mykey' command to verify my value was stored in the db.  The interesting thing was that they key for my object was actually keySuffix + key.  For example, i was calling DistCache.Add('123', myvalue) and my keysuffix was 'geo'.  The actual key in memcached was 'geo123'.